Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sick Time

Good news everyone!

Operation Do Nothing went off without a hitch. It was 2 straight days of bliss.

And now, as if to prove to me that sloth has consequences, The Universe has seen fit to make my neck immobile. I can look right with no problems...looking left? No, not so much. For a while I was convinced I had meningitis but in the absence of , oh I don't know, symptoms...I decided I probably don't.

This week my sister has surgery, my mom has swine flu, her partner-man is recovering from surgery, and I have ceased to appreciate the beauty of everything to the left. I'm thinking one of us is slightly less inconvenienced than the others...SISTER, I'M LOOKING AT YOU.

No, not really. I know I'm fine (although this is one wicked muscle cramp) while everyone else is dealing with rough stuff. It's just that in times like this, when it feels like everything is falling apart or broken, it's easier for me to make light of the situation than deal with it head on. In reality I'm very concerned about these developments, but what can you do except wake up and hope that nothing else goes wrong?

In my heart of hearts I know that everything will turn out alright. And really, none of this directly affects me. It's just always a bummer when people you love are dealing with difficult situations that you can't influence either way.

I'll be happy when everyone is well again and/or healing.

This reminds me of a Demetri Martin quote. He said, "I see cards that say 'Get Well Soon.' **** that. Get well now."

My sentiments exactly.

No comments: