Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So I thought I'd actually try to keep this thing up for a while even if it turns out that I'm the only reader. I figure that it will be kind of funny to look back later in life and see what sorts of topics were troubling my young mind.

Randomness--

  • I basically never listen to the radio. However, I happened to catch Lady Gaga's song "Paparazzi" several times while scrolling through stations and now it's in my head. Like, really in my head. This displeases me. And simultaneously pleases me. Stupid catchy tune.
  • Plus, what the heck is wrong with that woman? Does she need help? Call me if you need to talk, Ms. Gaga. I'm listening. (channeling my inner Frasier Crane)
  • The holidays are just around the corner. Well, not really. But there's something about the fall that instantly makes me think of Christmas. Not really fair to Halloween though. Or Thanksgiving. Must resolve to appreciate said holidays more.
  • Although, last year we gave out full size candy bars on Halloween. Let me tell you, there is nothing like it. NOTHING. The kids instantly love you. Plus, it's not really that much more expensive. If we didn't spend it on candy, we'd spend it on something else. Why not make 'em happy?
  • And, I have to say, if we ever get egged on Halloween, I'm hunting you down. Unappreciative bastards. My love is not free. Just ask Brian. That man is a saint for what he puts up with.
  • Just realized I equated love with candy bars. Hmm...what does that say about me? Any ideas, Mother? Sister? Future child I have yet to ruin?
  • I'm pretty sure the food thing is why I like Christmas too. I may have to do some soul searching. Or candy bar eating. Which, in all honesty, is way more fun anyway.

  • I'm making Zatarain's for dinner. Oh how I love you, jazz playing Zatarain's man. I don't know if you are supposed to be Louis Armstrong, but you sound like him. I would recommend the Smothered Chicken or Dirty Rice mix, if you have not already experienced the beauty.
And that is what I like to call Wednesday.

No comments: