Friday, October 16, 2009

Yay for Friday.

As always, I'm really excited for the weekend. Although I have been working on a blog that is not quite ready for publication, I'm feeling guilty for not having a post this week. So, I'm going to go with random bulleted thoughts.




  • I'm thinking this weekend we might carve pumpkins. But then again, the weather might heat up and leave us with carved raisins. Decisions, decisions.

  • Does anyone else think it's kind of creepy to see adults dressed up for Halloween? I don't know. I mean, it's fun, but a little surreal to see your businessman neighbor dressed up as a sea creature.

  • For some unknown reason, a Beatles song popped in to my head this morning. Ask me the last time I heard this song. A LONG TIME AGO. I'll never understand the synapses in my brain and how they conspire against me. Do I remember that coworker's name? No. Do I remember nearly every word of dialogue in Wayne's World? Yes.

  • I'm sick of Jon and Kate and their eight psychiatric cases. I feel for those kids. And I can't wait for Maddy or Cara to publish their tell-all in a few years. Mommy Dearest, anyone?

  • I've begun Christmas shopping. If only I had any idea what to give the other 15 people on my list. Gum?

  • There is a distinct part of my brain that is considering appletinis right now. I may have to oblige.

  • So, I checked out the CD Veckatimest by Grizzly Bear. Umm...not sure about it. I want to like it, I really do. But it's a bit odd. It might work on some kind of zen level, the kind of level achieved by years of meditation and yoga, but it definitely doesn't work in my car after work. I'm sorry.

Please, to enjoy...our pumpkins from last year:




With that I say enjoy your weekend, friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am pleasantly surprised at your blogging. It was refreshing, entertaining and my favorite, straight to the point. Kudos.

I must also say that you have grown as a writer- whatever that means in real life.

thank you.