Sunday, October 31, 2010

A dramatization about privacy and why everyone should feel shame:

Me: Tra-la-la, I'm going about my day in the world! I can't wait to interact with my fellow human beings. People are mostly good!


Random man: Hello, kindly lady. I look completely normal, and thus you have not run away from me. Also, I can't seem to find the restrooms. You seem like you know a lot about the world, including this store where you clearly do not work. Maybe you can tell me where they are?


Me: Yes, I certainly can! I love helping people! They are over there! Good-bye, stranger.


Random man: Thank you. Boy, I should really stop drinking coffee. Goes right through me. Ha ha! That's not at all inappropriate for me to share with you! I enjoy talking about my bodily functions, don't you? I'm standing dangerously close to you, considering I am talking about human waste and you are a total stranger.


Me: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I have run away from you! You do not adhere to social norms! I'm normally okay with that but you are taking it to the next level! Gross!


Let this be a lesson to you. I do not want to hear about what you do in the bathroom, especially after I have been so informative and helpful.


This logic can also be applied to topics such as illnesses involving any kind of projectile anything, sticky things you discovered by accident with your hand, smells, your teeth, food that may or may not have been a pet at one point, and mucus of any kind.


You have been duly noted, strangers.


Also, Happy Halloween!


(note: the holiday and this post are not necessarily related. I just don't like knowing more than necessary {i.e. nothing} about your urine. But I like Halloween. And candy!)

No comments: